John Egge Statue and Historic Wharf

Day Use Area

4 from 1 users


Wharf Street, Wentworth, New South Wales

(03) 5027 5080


The wharf was originally built in 1879 using local timber and was a major landmark of the town. Throughout the riverboat era, Wentworth was once one of the busiest inland ports within NSW (third busiest port after Sydney & Newcastle). The original wharf deteriorated and was demolished in 1983. This similar replica (including the little customs office) now stands in its place. A bronze statue of Captain John Egge can also be found at the Wentworth Wharf. There is an open grassed area with picnic facilities and a boat ramp. No camping or overnight parking.

Read more



Lat: -34.107426 Lng: 141.920696

User Reviews



Lovely shady area to have a picnic beside the wharf. Great information boards to learn about the history.


For more reviews download WikiCamps NOW!

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Get it on the Microsoft Store

Minimum requirements: iOS 12, Android 6, Windows 10